Real Estate Vocabulary


Flashing – Metal strips placed around roof openings to provide water tightness.

Typically you can find flashing around chimneys, vent pipes, and where corners meet. When I purchased my new home 14 years ago, we had some leaks around the flashing area, which the builder needed to come and fix. This should be one of the first places you look if you have a leak. 


2 Responses to Real Estate Vocabulary

  1. Natalia Jameson says:

    Mike, Thank you for trying to make us all understand real estate a little better. I appreciate your wit and knowledge. Keep up the good work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: