This of course is a service to all of my new buyers who have moved in to the area from far reaching places. As I post this, I am not even hungry, or the list could be much longer. In order of preference:
1. Chick and Nello’s. Fabulous Italian food featuring breast of veal, roast chicken, veal and peppers, and incredible home made sauces. Set in one of the Kuser’s original farmhouses across from Colonial Fire on Kuser Road, this place is a step back in time. There are no menus and prices posted. My favorite is the chilled broccoli salad with crumbled blue cheese and onion.
2. Blue Danube. Featuring Eastern European food, my personal fave here is the Chicken Paprikas. Tiny spaetzel and an incredible sauce make this one of my very favorite meals, anywhere. Great service and great prices are found here, and you will love the stuffed cabbage, pierogies, potato pancakes and everything else. Located in Trenton at Elm and Adeline.
3. Spigola. This new Italian restaurant gets better every time I go there. Fantastic ambiance, great food and a very large menu put this chic restaurant in my top 3. Located behind Harry’s Army-Navy in the new shopping center on Crosswicks-Hamilton Square Rd.
4. KC Prime. Wonderful steaks and a great atmosphere make this a must go for steak lovers. They also have an incredible burger and other nice dishes. Service is always stellar. Located on Quakerbridge Rd. in Lawrence near the QB Mall.
5. Rossi’s Tavern. A local institution on Morris Ave. in Villa Park close to the Burg, this 1930’s era tavern has one of, if not the best burger in the area. Great place for a beer and a burger, and nice prices too. Very friendly and prompt service.